Big Goal Survey #2
Has your president scheduled your club’s next Big Goal conversation? All club presidents received the second Big Goal exercise and survey in September to work on with their clubs. Please participate and exercise your voice in planning our organization’s future! Surveys are due at headquarters by December 30, 2016.
- Share the application on social media with instructions to submit applications to your club.
- Host an application workshop at your local shelter or social service organization to help women apply.
- Reach out to local clubs to find out if they have more than enough completed applications for the number of awards they plan to give (your region chair can assist with this), and ask clubs to share their extra applications with you.
- Email SIA at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive completed applications from the pool we receive through our online “apply” page on the Soroptimist website.
Remember: in order to be considered a participating club, your club must give a cash award to an eligible woman! Check out all of our recruiting resources for assistance.
Dream It, Be It
Is your club hosting a Dream It, Be It project? If so, be sure to:
- Start small (only take on what your club feels comfortable managing)
- Use the Dream It, Be It name and logo
- Work with the curriculum
- Target girls who are in secondary school (high school)
- Comply with the Procedures for Working with Youth
New resources are coming soon, including:
- PowerPoint presentations to accompany each curriculum session
- A career overview PowerPoint presentation that will give career examples and quotes from women in various professions (developed from a career questionnaire on LiveYourDream.org)*
- A one-page description of Dream It, Be It to provide to potential community partners
- Quotes and images for the dream collage activity in session 1*
Check out the 2016 Orlando Convention highlights! Convention pictures are also available on Facebook and Twitter by searching #SIAOrlando and #FriendshipDinner.
SAVE THE DATE: for the 2018 Convention July 30 – August 2 in Yokohama, Japan!