Big Goal Survey #2
Has your president scheduled your club’s next Big Goal conversation? All club presidents received the second Big Goal exercise and survey in September to work on with their clubs. Please participate and exercise your voice in planning our organization’s future! Surveys are due at headquarters by December 30, 2016.
Live Your Dream Awards
It’s not too late to start recruiting eligible women for the Live Your Dream Awards! You can:
- Share the application on social media with instructions to submit applications to your club.
- Host an application workshop at your local shelter or social service organization to help women apply.
- Reach out to local clubs to find out if they have more than enough completed applications for the number of awards they plan to give (your region chair can assist with this), and ask clubs to share their extra applications with you.
- Email SIA at email@example.com to receive completed applications from the pool we receive through our online “apply” page on the Soroptimist website.
Remember: in order to be considered a participating club, your club must give a cash award to an eligible woman! Check out all of our recruiting resources for assistance.
Dream It, Be It
Is your club hosting a Dream It, Be It project? If so, be sure to:
New resources are coming soon, including:
- PowerPoint presentations to accompany each curriculum session
- A career overview PowerPoint presentation that will give career examples and quotes from women in various professions (developed from a career questionnaire on LiveYourDream.org)*
- A one-page description of Dream It, Be It to provide to potential community partners
- Quotes and images for the dream collage activity in session 1*
Check out the 2016 Orlando Convention highlights! Convention pictures are also available on Facebook and Twitter by searching #SIAOrlando and #FriendshipDinner.
SAVE THE DATE: for the 2018 Convention July 30 – August 2 in Yokohama, Japan!
The Voice of Younger Members
During our 44th Biennial Convention in Orlando, a focus group of five Soroptimists under the age of 40 gathered to discuss their experiences as younger members of the organization, and an additional four participated in panel discussions. Take a look at the preliminary takeaways from that important conversation to gain insights on how to engage and retain younger members.
New Club Building
What enables the recruitment and integration of 12 or more members at one time, invigorates and energizes the entire region, brings in new ideas, and increases our brand’s recognition? A new club! Read more about new club building in this recruitment tip today!
Interpersonal conflicts are going to happen. We have them at home, at work, and we even have them in our Soroptimist clubs. Check out some great ideas for conflict resolution in this latest leadership tip.
A Growing Inner Circle
Please join us as we extend our heartiest congratulations to the Inner Circle’s new members: Beverly Bucur, President-Elect Yoko Ichigatani, Bok Ja Lee, Sandra Schultz, and Diane Thompson. Together, these five altruistic Soroptimists have contributed well over $125,000 to the organization, making the dreams of countless women and girls around the world come true. These generous donors join the esteemed ranks of Connie Baehr, Teresita Choa, Cheri Fleming, Minda Garcia, Linda Manor, Mary Parisigian, Pina Pileggi, Janet Elizabeth Hall Schempf, Annie Chin Siu, Joan Stallard, Catherine Standiford, Leticia Uy, Linabelle Villarica, Anita Walker, Alice Wells, Machiko Yamada and Alicia Zachman. This elite group’s devotion to the women and girls who benefit from our Dream Programs is unparalleled, and we applaud them. THANK YOU!
Monthly Givers Wanted
Leanne C. Davis, a millennial from SI/San Francisco, CA (Sierra Pacific Region) is the fifth Soroptimist profiled in our Meet a Monthly Giver series, and we are so appreciative of her support! Read here about Leanne’s favorite Soroptimist moment and why she gives. If you’re a Monthly Giver and interested in sharing your story, please email Monthly Giving Coordinator Shevaun (Shevaun@soroptimist.org). If you’re not a Monthly Giver, why not join today?
Your Dream Blog: Careers
Asking the right questions can confirm your qualifications for a job and help you find out if the position and organization is the right fit for you. Learn more about how to ask the right questions during a job interview here!
Progress to Date
Click on each of the following boxes to sign up, take action or follow LiveYourDream.org on social media.
SI Board Summary
The 12 directors and four officers of the SI Board of Directors met in Cambridge, England, September 8-10, 2016. Read the summary of the SI Board and annual general meetings here.